1. So, as far as the ‘new’ project goes … I decided to pick up a UFO instead. That was both to relieve guilt since it’s been on the needles for over a year (!) and because soon, I’ll be able to wear it – the Hourglass Sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. No pictures of it because it’s just a pile of black stockinette at this point, grrr. Since I picked it back up a few weeks ago, I have completed one sleeve and need to connect it to the body. But, I think that I want to make the body just a bit longer than I’d originally thought and until this week I was missing my first Denise set so I couldn’t add the sleeve. The body is currently on a piece of spare yarn.
2. There are still at least 4 socks on the needles. And I’ve added some new sock yarn to my stash over the last 2 days. I really want to start a sock for myself because I get so that I just don’t want to knit anything if I don’t have something small I can knit a few rows on for myself, you know? That probably sounds really selfish and it’s not that I don’t like knitting for others but that’s how I get. And right now all socks on needles are for others.
3. Ooh, some of that new sock yarn that I mentioned is the new Kaffe Fassett Regia. I bought one of the landscape colors (stripes) and one of the mirage colors. I’m going to make the mirage colourway for myself, but I also picked different colors than usual – some turquoise and blues.
4. In my ongoing search for a sock yarn I want to knit for myself, I winded a skein of Socks That Rock (Garnet Dreams) that I’d been so excited to work with. But, I’ve started a sock twice with this yarn and have found that I don’t really like how it’s knitting up as a sock. Now, I wish that I hadn’t wound it yet and that I’d taken better pictures of it in a hank. It was so beautiful, just to look at. I think that later on, I’ll try the Chevron Scarf from LMKG with this STR. It seems like knit up in fewer stitch rows the colors would be more like I anticipated.
5. I got a new (to me) bike!!! I’m very excited about this, I’d been on the lookout now for a few months. I’ll put up a picture later.
6. Elisa, my Sockapalooza pal’s socks worked out for her, yay!
7. Finished this week …
This was my first time knitting with this yarn, Regia Stretch, I loved it! This pair was gifted to someone this week.
8. Last, I’m so happy that fall is fast approaching!
Happy knitting ☺