1. I am very bad about promising new blog things ‘tomorrow’. I really do know this about myself and I’m sorry about doing that so often. When I say that, I believe I’ll do it. Thanks for bearing with me. (I’d been meaning to address this for some time but after seeing someone else write about it, I’m saying something now).
2. I haven’t been around because I haven’t been feeling well. Along with being depressed, I just haven’t gotten too much done to blog.
3. Onto more positive things … Knitting 🙂 I’m working on a Sophie bag. The bottom worked up quickly but I move very slowly when picking up stitches (read: picking up stitches bores me to no end!) – so I’m still there. I love the color of yarn I’m using for this, it is Cascade 220 in Antigua. I don’t think it matches much of my wardrobe** but I love it so I’ll still use the purse. **For a long time, I’ve been in love (I know I keep saying that) with this shade and couldn’t figure out why. With all the aqua shades, it reminds me of the Caribbean, just dreamy. The thing is I gravitate (mostly) towards earthy colors and although I like to go to the beach (Pacific Ocean), I’m not a ‘Caribbean’ type of person. So, one day I was knitting with it and as it sat in my lap, I realized … REALIZED… this yarn is the exact same colors as my favorite summer skirt, which I was wearing at the time! It took me at least a year to figure this out, but amuses me to know end. Easily amused here.
4. I have about 3 or 4 socks on needles right now. I’ll do a group picture soon. One of them, Opal Rainforest in Flamingo, I’d been dreaming of as Jaywalkers with a picot edge. I quickly became frustrated and decided to do a plain stockinette with picot edge. I even gave it some leg shaping. Well, when I reached the heel flap, I found that my leg is still more ‘shapely’ than I allowed for so I need to rip it out. I’ve known but been in denial about the ripping. Ripping out socks is a little devastating to me, even though they work up quickly. By the way, I don’t usually make myself socks with more than about 3 inches as a cuff so I’d not encountered this before.
5. I’ve been lusting after an Etsy store of my own for sometime now. Despite my occasional disappearing act on my blog, over the months, I’ve been collecting ideas of what I want to create. I’ve also been reading about new things I want to learn. I just started reading “The Artist’s Way,” by Julia Cameron, too. I think that’s why I’m finally mentioning this here. It makes it much more real putting it out here for others, other creative people at that, to know. This also makes it very scary because I doubt myself a lot.
6. I’m behind (understatement) on some emails. If you’re reading this and I owe you an email, I will get back to you today.